- SERVES 3-4
- 2 medium to large ripe mangoes (for tips on buying fresh mangoes, see below)
- 1 packet gelatine (3 tsp.)
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 cup good-quality coconut milk
- Make sure your mangoes are ripe (see link above) - the fruit should be bright orange or yellow and fairly soft. Scoop out the fruit, including around the stone. Place the fruit in a food processor or blender and blitz to create a smooth mango puree. Leave the mango in the processor/blender.
- In a saucepan, heat up the water until it reaches a rolling bowl. Remove from heat. While stirring the water with a whisk or fork, sprinkle the gelatin over the surface of the water and stir briskly in order not to have any lumps.
- Add the sugar to the hot water/gelatin mixture and stir to dissolve.
- Add this mixture to the mango in the food processor/blender. Also add the coconut milk. Blitz briefly until ingredients are combined.
- Pour into dessert bowls or cups and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours (or up to 24 if making ahead of company coming). Serve cold on its own, or with some fresh fruit, and ENJOY!